Frequently asked questions about outdoor wedding ceremonies.
What locations are available for wedding ceremonies?
Stan Hywet’s beautiful historic gardens offer the perfect settings for couples to tie the knot. Each location is uniquely situated on the Estate and has its own special personality, ambience and guest capacity. Dates are available April-October and all locations are handicapped accessible.
What is included in the price for my Stan Hywet wedding ceremony?
- Event manager and staff to facilitate timing and logistics on the wedding day.
- A reserved 90-minute timeframe for the ceremony at your chosen garden location.
- One hour of pre-scheduled rehearsal time at the ceremony location.
- 20 white padded garden chairs are included. Additional white padded chairs may be rented through Stan Hywet at $3/chair.
- Access to the grounds and gardens for wedding day photography.
- A one-year contributing-level membership at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens.
Are there different price points for the various ceremony sites?
No. All sites offer the same package and price point.
What happens if it rains?
Stan Hywet has a dedicated ceremony tent ready and available in the event of inclement weather. No additional fees apply.
Who provides the music for my ceremony?
The wedding couple is welcome to provide either live or recorded music and the supporting sound system for their ceremony.
How do I book my wedding ceremony at Stan Hywet?
Contact our rentals department. Our seasoned and creative wedding professionals will assist you with date and site selections, write your contract, offer vendor recommendations, and support the many important decisions you make as you plan your special day.